If God was One of Us

Saturday, April 15, 2006

EVERYONE'S INVITED


Hi!...I am Tokai. My Curriculum Vitae may not be as good as Mr.Gate's but it isn't that bad too.How old I am?hmmm....that is for you to find out and for me to know . I reside at a posh South Kolkata locality in India.I am told that going by the present propertyrates , for purchasing a 100 square feet of land here one has to dish out near about 4 lacs of rupees. 4 lacs!!..yes 4 lacs. Lucky to be occupying a 50 square feet of land amounting to 2 lakhs.geeeeeee.......I don't need to work anymore.....so what if I occupy a place on the pavement just opposite to local bus stand here....none can encroach, as it is mine n only mine.

I have quite a few siblings....10 in total...some close some distant....ours is a joint family...the money earned by all of us through the day is pooled in to prepare the meals. The world is talking about a nuclear family....we are still able to hang on to our age old institution of a JOINT FAMILY. It is so much fun, so warmly and so cosy.

It is not all play and no work for me.Studying is work for me, though i don't get paid for working out math and doing my home work regularly. You will be happy to know that I manage my own pocket money, by doing some part-time jobs (without working in a Callcentre or BPO till the wee hours).....

Here I am with my best friend Pintu. Pintu has lost both his parents. He saw them being grushed under a speeding goods vehicle while crossing the road to offer their daily prayers to the Temple just opposite to where we stay. Since then my mother made him a part of our family. Pintu is too cool a fellow to be bogged down by history. He stays with us and we share the same bed, pillow and love playing cricket...I say EVERYONE'S INVITED.

So welcome to my life. I invite you be part of my journey of life and the way we (pintu and myself) see the world, our hopes, dreams, nightmares and love.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home